Monday, June 18, 2012

I started the week with a visit to Wolviston Primary School to talk to the whole school about Fairtrade as an introduction to the topic before the School Council Eco team run a Global Cafe later in the term. What a great way to start the week.  Though I did feel for the little ones doing their phonics test today - I'm not sure they really knew what to make of it when they were presented with "made up" words alongside real ones.
Tomorrow ward councillors have the first opportunity to look at the plans proposed by Yarm School and I'll be particularly interested in the parts relating to the North side of the river.  After that it's off to Preston Hall for a meeting of the Friends of Preston Park.  Ward surgery and then a meeting of Churches Together in Yarm & Eaglescliffe completes a busy day.  At some point I need to make space to eat, but I'm not sure where that's going to fit!

No comments: