Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rehabilitation

A relatively minor piece of surgery has meant that I need to keep my leg up for some time each day for a few days so lots of opportunities to catch up on reading and to answer the phone. It's been a real treat to be able to read things properly instead of having to skim down them trying to spot the important bits hidden amongst the rest. I was also able to spend time on the phone instead of relying on e-mail in an effort to find out more detail of some work being done in the ward by a charity on rehabilitation of offenders. Yet another example of local residents not being given the whole story so the causing a great deal of worry. I've yet to find out whether the worry is justified or not, but at least I've had a lot of help from Council officers and hope to have an answer early in the week.

No comments: