Monday, December 07, 2009

Busy Busy

There hasn't been a lot of time for thinking about a blog this past week. The online petition was getting signatures even before we told people it was there. Letters and emails have continued to stream in. We can't go into a shop or even to church without being approached. The issue of saving the Park for posterity has united the people of Eaglescliffe in a way that hasn't been seen for years.
In the midst of all that hubbub there hasn't been a lot of time to think about other things.
Although my letter to the Echo was published in the newspaper it wasn't put up on the online version so I can't provide a link. The Darlington & Stockton Times made the story front page news on Friday and they published my letter inside.
Thursday evening's Parish council meeting had also discussed the matter although unfortunately I had to leave early as I was travelling down to the Midlands to help with a house move the next day. All weekend, between unpacking boxes and amusing the grandchildren I was receiving and responding to emails on the subject. Now I see that Dari Taylor says today that she was trying to open up a consultation, something I haven't done!! Quite what she thinks our regular Focus articles are I don't know. But of course she doesn't live in Eaglescliffe so can't be expected to know what's going on. Perhaps if she did a little consultation of her own and asked her own party members in the area how many times they've been asked for their views? Too much to ask.
And in case anyone is wondering - the house move passed off without major disasters though with lots of stress.

No comments: