Friday, January 08, 2010

Dog owners beware

n
Yesterday a neighbour's dog, enjoying playing in the snow, ventured too far out on the ice on the Tees, fell through and drowned. Today I took an hour off with Denis and walked down to the Teesdale Way to look at the river - almost completely covered in ice. There were still dog-owners letting their dogs play off the lead and I couldn't bear to watch in case one went too far.
I was glad of my walking poles on the steeper bits of the slope - 2 legs good, 4 legs better to quote a certain book.
The rest of the day was taken up with much more mundane things - letters from residents about the school/park controversy, queries about gritting - still happening but only on priority routes in all probability, and clearing snow from the drive and the footpath in front of the house. By the time I got back from ward surgery tonight the drive and path were covered again and more snow was falling. The event I was planning on attending tomorrow had been cancelled and so I don't have to set off at 0830 to brave the weather - there are some bonuses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was driving past The Links school this morning and saw a man taking salt from the yellow box at the end of the road, clearly stealing it for his own purposes. Just thought you may want to know. Best wishes.