Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bloggers and Presidents

Tonight brought the Lib Dem Voice Blog awards, now a highlight of the Lib dem conference for those of us who inhabit the blogosphere. I love looking at the short-listed blogs and the awards session is a chance to meet up with some of their authors. Maelo Manning, who made such an impressive speech at the age of 10 at our last conference, was one of the new bloggers shortlisted. She didn’t win but reaching the shortlist is quite an achievement. I also re-established contact with one of the people seeking nomination as Party President. Tim Farron and Susan Kramer both have well established campaigning styles and teams to get their campaigns under way. Jennie, on the other hand, is a grass roots activist who doesn’t have any of those advantages. I’m not making a decision yet on who to support. I think I really want bits of all of them, but even a Liberal Democrat can’t have that.

No comments: