Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No meetings today so a chance to catch up on a few other things. The to do pile has decreased, the ironing pile has increased and the pot plants look a little less wilted. I like days like this!
I didn't like hearing on the news that Aung San Suu Kyi has been sentenced to even more time in detention. It wasn't a surprise, considering the past history of the Burmese military junta but it is disappointing none the less. I'm still enough of an optimist to hope for a miracle one day. Meanwhile I've signed a petition calling on the UN to hold the military junta to account for the crimes they have committed against their own people. I encourage readers to do the same. If in doubt about the politics behind today's decision the BBC has a relatively impartial look at what's going on.

No comments: