Monday, March 14, 2011

The Conference I didn't attend

I didn't go to the Spring Conference in Sheffield this year.  Much as I love conference, being amongst fellow Lib Dems and having real debate leading to real policy, this year I felt I'd had enough time away from our local campaign thanks to a wonderful 2 weeks with our family.  However, there's a good account of what happened on Suzanne Fletcher's blog so do read it to see what really went on.
I did take the opportunity to read the transcript of some of the speeches and watch some bits on video and I could see that yet again conference was an example of real democracy.
I particularly liked Tim Farron pointing out to those who accuse us of being Tories by "getting into bed" with them, that he gets into bed with his wife regularly but that doesn't make him a woman!  Well said Tim.  Coalition is negotiated agreement, not absorption.
Meanwhile, back here in Stockton we got on with doing all the things in the ward that needed doing. 

No comments: