Friday, February 05, 2010

Dancing the night away

Well not quite! The annual Mayor's charity dinner and dance was this evening and some people will still be there as I write, enjoying the band and the dancing. My more delicate ears needed to get out of the room and in fact the building. The music was good and I'd have enjoyed it at half or better still a quarter of the volume. Why it's considered right to have music at a volume which would require ear defenders in a factory is beyond me.
The meal was OK and the company was excellent. We managed to win a bottle of wine on the tombola and to get out with our eardrums intact.
Earlier in the day I spent time letting people know that the cabinet meeting will definitely be in the Library next Thursday, laying out Focus and catching up on other paper work. All in all not a bad day at all.

No comments: