Wednesday, February 17, 2010


I know that this blog is usually about politics but once in a while I do stray into what makes me tick and Ash Wednesday is one of those days. Those with no interest in it can stop reading now!
The idea of fasting as a lead up to a feast is found in several world religions and Christianity is no exception. So this is the start of the season of Lent. Yesterday people who weren't too busy to make them probably enjoyed pancakes but today fast begins. Luckily the Christian churches don't ask us to go without food and water all day like my Muslim friends do during Ramadan.
Today I rather liked the variation on the cross used in church - made from the remnants of the Christmas tree in order to emphasise the link between the two great feasts of Christianity. So I thought I'd share it for anyone interested.
For others - no doubt normal service will resume tomorrow!

No comments: